Boomers & Beyond
There are around 78 million Baby Boomers (1946-1964) in the U.S. and 10,000 are retiring each day (that is one person every 8 seconds). There has never been a generation this large or this diverse. VHUMC has many opportunities to help you mentally, physically, spiritually, and socially. We also would like to hear your needs. Here are some of our current options:
- Boomer Bible Study meets Thursdays at 6:00 pm (Hybrid)
- Grand Readers – Monthly readers for our Dayschool program
- Grand Camp – 3 day outdoor experience with your grandchildren in July at Camp McDowell
- Boomer Workdays – 2 – 3 times per year we will work around Birmingham from 9 am – 12 pm
- Boomer Mission Trips – Once a year we will go to either Panama or Costa Rica for a week.
- Boomer Bridge meets on Thursdays at 9:30 am twice per month
- Fuel Exercise class meets Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 11:00 am (Hybrid)
If you were born before 1946, we have a group we call the Hilltoppers.
Here are some of our current options:
- Monthly meeting the third Tuesday at 10:30 am with group singing, devotion, program, and lunch. Bingo is offered afterwards.
- Monthly daytrips and outings that usually include lunch
- 2 – 3 longer trips per year.
Hospital Recovery Closet
We have a closet full of wheel chairs, canes, etc. We loan these out to those who are recovering from surgery or accidents.
Christmas Day Lunch
VHUMC offers a lunch on Christmas day for those who don’t have family in town.