Thank you for entrusting your children to us during this pandemic. We have studied the recommendations by the CDC and the Jefferson County Health Department to understand what we need to be doing to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus. We have also worked to determine the best and safest practices for getting your child into and out of our classrooms.
The following applies on Sunday mornings to:
- Nursery (birth to 2k) which is available from 8:15 am to noon
- Pre-School Worship Care (birth to 5k) during the 8:30 and 11:00 services
- Pre-School and Elementary Sunday School (2k to 5th grade) from 9:45 to 10:45 am.
In order to comply with Covid-19 guidelines we have a limited number of spots in our classrooms, so online reservations will be required. Click here to register.
Safety measures are in place to help minimize risks, so here is what you can expect:
- All teachers and older children (5k-5th grade) will wear masks.
- You do not need to “check-in” at the computers on arrival.
- Children will have their own supply bags.
- Hand sanitizer will be used throughout the Sunday School hour.
- We will not allow drinking water at the water fountains.
- Seating at tables will be distanced.
- Snacks will not be served.
Parents, please help us with safety too…
- Do not bring a child to Sunday childcare that is showing symptoms of fever, runny nose, sneezing, coughing, rash, lethargy, or any other symptoms related to Covid-19.
- Please keep socially distanced in the hallways and drop your child off at the classroom door – please do not enter the classrooms.
- Drop off no earlier than 9:45 and pick up no later than 10:45 for Sunday School.
- Children must be picked up by a parent.
- Children will not be able to leave alone, or with an older sibling.
NURSERY AND WORSHIP CARE
For our smallest visitors (age newborn up to 2 years old) we have childcare available every Sunday starting at 8:15 am and ending after the 11:00 services. Each of our four nursery rooms is staffed with two or three childcare workers. Children are dropped off for Nursery Care by their parents.
For older children (age 5K or younger) we have Worship Care available every Sunday. There are two ways to utilize Worship Care:
- Children can be dropped off by their parents prior to the Traditional or Contemporary 11:00 worship services.
- Children can attend both the 11:00 traditional or contemporary worship services and participate in the service’s Children’s Moment. Afterwards the children are escorted by a worship care worker to the children’s floor. Once the service ends the parents can pick them up.
2K – 5K Sunday School is held at 9:45am each Sunday on the preschool floor. Each class has two trained volunteer teachers that pray and share the word of God with our young children. We use a creative curriculum each week to introduce our youngest disciples to the Bible and provide activities designed to connect their lives to the Bible lesson. For more information or questions contact Anne Strozier (email@example.com).
1st – 5th grade Sunday School is held at 9:45am each Sunday on the elementary floor. We pray that you will encourage your child to join us in a class that is designed to meet the needs of their grade. For more information or questions contact Jamie Meeks (firstname.lastname@example.org).