Student Ministries Administrator
Purpose: To assist the Director and Assistant Directors of Student Ministries with everyday administrative tasks for the Student Ministry.
Classification: Youth Ministries Administrator, Part Time
- Assist with youth budget:
- Reconcile credit card payments.
- Process reimbursements and check requests.
- Help keep budget in line with events.
- Record attendance for weekly events and special events.
- Create, edit, and send weekly newsletter for High School and Middle School.
- Work in Fellowship One to create and oversee all online registrations for all events, key in new families and visitors, and create groups as necessary (i.e. small groups).
- Maintain accountability grids for each activity.
- Reserve facilities and transportation for all activities.
- Post articles, pictures, and information on the walls of the Youth Floor.
- Prepare and send emails to students and parents regarding activities or special messages from directors.
- Organize supply closet, storage room, and Youth Cafe kitchen as needed.
- Assist with retreats and events in the following ways:
- Collect fees.
- Set-up online registration.
- Enter in manual registrations as needed.
- Collect all necessary forms (waivers, medical forms, etc…).
- Assist directors in their implementation of events by doing tasks such as printing, copying, making lanyards, etc…
- Be present at check-in for all retreats and overnight events to assist the Directors in collecting all final paperwork and payments.
- Discovery Weekend:
- Set up registration in Fellowship One.
- Set-up D -Groups, Rosters, and night groups in Fellowship One.
- Order lanyards and create insert for name tags.
- Print and assemble training folders.
- Get accurate numbers and sizes for t-shirt orders.
- Be present at registration to assist with check-in, collection of any remaining paperwork or payment, and to help with last minute roster changes.
- Works with Directors on details of weekly Sunday School, Sunday and Wednesday evening programs and Prayer Breakfast.
- Submit website updates to Communications Department (includes sending calendar updates and forms to be added to the youth site).
- All clerical support for directors.
- Assist in ensuring that the Safe Sanctuaries Policy is observed in all student ministry settings.
- Reports to the Director of Student Ministries.
- Works with Assistant Directors of Student Ministries.
- Works in concert with other ministries and staff members to implement the strategic plan of VHUMC.
- A well-trained professional, who demonstrates a commitment to Jesus Christ and support of the ministry and vision of Vestavia Hills UMC.
- A person who embraces United Methodist doctrine.
- Someone who has minimally earned an undergraduate bachelor’s degree.
- A person with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A team member who is able to work with a diverse group of people.
- A conscientious person who takes pride in their work and feels responsible for helping others.
- A person who is highly organized and able to manage multiple events and ministries well.
- A ministry minded person who understands the importance of this role in the Body of Christ.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and comfortable with Mac/Apple programs are essential. Experience with Constant Contact, Fellowship One, and E-Serve are a bonus.