What is a Connect Group?
Connect Groups allow us to connect with each other outside of the church in a more relaxed environment in much the same way that cell phones allow us to connect outside of the home. Connect Groups are also a place to love God, invest in the community, form friendships and explore God’s Word in a way that focuses on relationships.
The emphasis is on relationships here because life is not meant to be lived alone. God intends for us to experience life together which we see in Genesis. A Connect Groups is a semester based weekly gathering of eight to twelve people who meet in a home, or public place. They hang out, study the Word, pray together and build strong relationships.
There are many types of Connect Groups here—married couples, singles, men’s, women’s, kids, no kids, under 20, over 40, gracefully aged—the list goes on! No matter where you are in life, there’s a group for you and if not, why not start one!
Why Should I Join a Connect Group?
Connect Groups can be the perfect place to…
- Make friends and build stronger relationships
- Ask the tough questions that you might be afraid to ask in a larger setting
- Apply what is preached on Sunday to our lives throughout the week
- Develop a deeper faith and relationship with God
- Encourage, and be encouraged by, others
- Deal with life’s problems with the help of others who care about you