At Vestavia Hills UMC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities to praise and serve God with music.
- Chancel Choir is open to adults, college age, and above. This choir rehearses every Wednesday from 7:00 – 8:30 pm (9:00 pm during some of the year), and sings in the 11:00 am service. There is no audition for Chancel Choir but regular rehearsal and Sunday morning attendance is encouraged.
- Adult Ensemble is made up of members of the Chancel Choir who occasionally volunteer to sing the anthems at the 8:30 am Traditional Worship Service.
- Adult Handbells is open to any adult or college-age person. Rehearsals are held on Wednesdays from 6:00 – 7:00 pm in the Bell Room.
- New Life Singers (Youth Choir) (grades 6 – 12). This choir sings in many different worship services, and goes on tour every summer. This choir meets every Sunday from 4:00 – 5:00 pm for rehearsal and devotion.
- Men’s Chorus sings the first Sunday of every month in the 8:30 am service. Rehearsal is held on the Sunday they sing, thirty minutes before the service.
- Women’s Chorus sings the fifth Sunday of the month in the 8:30 am service. Rehearsal is held on the Sunday they sing, thirty minutes before the service.
- Children’s Music and Arts Wednesday afternoons after school until 5:15 pm. Children ages K – 5th grade gather after school in the Lighthouse for snacks and play followed by an age level rotation of singing, music instruction using pitch and rhythm instruments, bells/chimes, and theatrical/visual arts.This program is open to any child K-5th at no charge. To register your child, click here.
- Contemporary Worship Band is open to youth and adults interested in focusing on music for our Contemporary Worship service. The band serves a leadership position as they model worship in the service and lead the congregation in song. The band rehearses on Wednesday evenings at 7:30 pm in Tyson Hall, with sound check at 8:00 am on Sundays.
- Youth Praise Band is open to youth in grades 7- 12. All instruments and vocalists interested in performing and leading music with an edge are encouraged to join. This band rehearses at 4:00 pm in the Studio on Sundays.
- VHUMC Orchestra The VHUMC Orchestra is an ensemble of both Youth and Adults who have a desire to share their musical gifts with the congregation at Vestavia Hills United Methodist Church. This group meets to rehearse on Tuesday nights at 7:00 pm in the Sanctuary. Anyone who has moderate skill in playing a stringed, wind, brass, or concert percussion instrument is welcome to join us. If you are interested in or need more information please contact Quint Harris at the church – 769-0114.
- Celebration Singers – This group of ladies entertains regularly at community functions, nursing, and retirement homes. This group has a lot of fun, while serving as an important outreach ministry.
- Beginning Bells/Lunch Bunch This group is for anyone of any age who would like to learn about handbell ringing. We begin with basic skills and how the instrument works. We will also cover basic music reading and fundamentals. No prior skill, knowledge, or experience is required. The ensemble meets at 11:30 am on Thursday mornings.